11.29.2011

Scout Tee in Floral

I'm a huge fan of Grainline's Tiny Pocket Tank pattern (which is why I made two versions).  In October, she released this short-sleeve top pattern, called the Scout Woven Tee.  I've had this chiffon fabric in my stash for over a year now, waiting for the right project, and I decided this was just the ticket!
Even with doing a rolled hem at the neckline and hems, this only took me about an hour and a half total to complete, while I watched/listened to Gossip Girl and Hart of Dixie in the background (I want Serena's disco hair.  Also, Jason Street's pirate accent was hilarious).  Sewing this up was super easy, and also would be great for beginners!  (Anybody asking for a sewing machine for Christmas?)
I'm so glad I finally got around to making one of these.  Now that I have, I want to make one in tons of different colors and fabrics!  Or maybe make a rainbow of them.  Like my skirts.

Here's how I'm wearing it at work today, but I also can't wait to wear it loose over some skinny jeans the way Jen does.  Love this pattern!

4 comments:

  1. Looks amazing! I wish I had your skills, maybe I shouldn't have given my sewing machine to my sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if me and my mini are ready to sew a blouse?! A really cute one at that, love this Val :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! I am mocking up a Scout top right now. Very happy to find a simple and flattering tee, although I did have to bring in the sides so it wasn't too boxy on me.

    ReplyDelete