7.27.2012

Bridesmaid Dress Collection: For Hannah!

I had the absolute honor of making the bridesmaid dresses for a wedding this summer (last summer, I made Heidi's!).  The new Mr. and Mrs. Lesley (you know Hannah from her blog heart to heart) got married in an outdoor ceremony on a beach last month, and it was g-o-r-g-e-o-u-s, to say the least.


Hannah chose deep purple for the dress color and sent me an inspiration picture for the style, so I can't take any credit for the design of these dresses, but I love the way they turned out.  It's amazing how the style seems to perfectly suit all 7 of the girls!  Here are the sewing stats:

Fabric:  Poly Matte Jersey in Amethyst from Fabric.com (still 8 yards left!)
Pattern for one-shoulder top and ruffle:  Burdastyle 7549
The rest of the dress:  I just figured it out :)


Hannah and all her girls were really a dream to work with.  Even through all the bumps and obstacles that come with living across the country from the person making your dresses (measurements, fittings - it gets tricky!), each one was so patient with me and immensely helpful in getting each dress just right for each girl.

(All photos by Steve Willis photography

I also just had to include this shot from their ceremony.  Those storm clouds rolling in overhead make such a spectacular backdrop to an already gorgeous setting.  Amazing, isn't it?  I feel like it's God saying, "Look, I'm right here with you guys!"

Hannah has been writing the most amazing posts recapping their wedding, and it ain't over yet!  Make sure to take a visit - your heart will thank you.

8 comments:

  1. Thank YOU for making such beautiful dresses! I couldn't be happier with how everything turned out. Thanks for all the love:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wondering where those gorgeous dresses came from. I love that you made them!! Nice work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What beautiful dresses! Great job, dude! I'm so impressed!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am following Hannah and her series, she is awesome and you designed awesome dresses :) xxx

    Sneak peek into my life

    ReplyDelete
  5. The color, style, length, fit... it all turned out so lovely. You keep popping out these beautiful bridesmaid dress babies , I don't know how you do it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm SO in love with these bridesmaid dresses! I'm actually looking for a dress to wear to my best friends wedding in October and this is the design I want, except to be just above the knee. Would you recommend this for an intermediate sewer?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both brides and bridesmaid dress are really looking nice. All the wedding pictures were great and I like it. Credit goes to the photographer for the wonderful pictures. To search the best dress vendors, the engaged people may use the wedding app for iPhone is a great option for them.

    ReplyDelete