9.21.2012

Stuff I Like: When Hanson Covers Everything

Did you guys know that grown-up Hanson is awesome?  I actually wasn't even that big of a Hanson fan as a kid (I had my loyalties pledged elsewhere), but I've seen them live four times in the past 8 years or so, and they absolutely never disappoint.

This week they covered Taylor Swift's "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" on an Australian radio show, and it made me long for some other Hanson covers as well.  (And by the way, their last 3 or 4 albums of original music have been stellar as well.)  Enjoy!

"We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together"
Box drumming!


"Thriller"
1. It is Halloween and they are dressed like a mariachi band.
2. Taylor doesn't really know the words to the song.
3. This is basically just 3 minutes of improvised zombie dancing.

"Ain't No Sunshine"
Get it, Isaac.


"Never Been to Spain"
Our boys from Oklahoma!  The tuba section used to play this at our football games (a favorite!)


And lastly, want a little bit of flavor in your National Anthem?  Just call Taylor.

3 comments:

  1. OMG that National Anthem was incredible! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I. LOVE. HANSON. I was totally planning to post that T. Swift cover soon! I may still have to do it! Ahh I just love them - I have seen them live 4x and I want to go again! (P.S. They covered Twist & Shout one time when I saw them!)

    <3 The Daily Dani

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a Hanson fan, not as big as some people, but I actually do like their adult stuff over the pop-y stuff they had back in the day.

    I have however, met Isaac I think (the guitar player in the first video). Don't know if that's the right name with the right brother....anyways, he was rude. Acted like he was STILL a big deal, and it irritated me because most Oklahomans are not like that at all.

    I will still listen to them though!

    ReplyDelete