10.18.2012

Diary of a Surgery Recoverer: Day 8

One week ago, at this exact moment, I was waking up from surgery!  I was in the recovery room in a little curtained off area.  Scott was there (yay!).  My throat hurt.  There was also a girl next to me who I could hear through the curtain moaning a whole lot and saying "It huuuuuuuuuuuuuuurts!  It huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurts!" over and over.  I mean, I felt bad for her and stuff, but it was honestly making me feel kind of sick to my stomach thinking about her pain, so I really just wished she would be quiet.  A doctor came over to talk to her and asked her to rank her level of pain with a number between 1 and 10.  I found her answer to be hilarious.  She said:  "Five and three-quarters."   HAHAHAHAHAHA!  First of all, the way she was acting, you would have thought her answer would be 11, and second of all, the fact that she decided to be that specific with her number and not just go with a 6 is hysterical to me.  But then I laughed, and it hurt, so I was mad at her again.

Anyway!  Here I am, just laying in my bed some more!  Yesterday, Day 7, I had gotten up several times and did some walking and even some light picking up of trash around my bed (mostly consisting of candy wrappers...people love to give you candy when you're healing!), but I was starting to feel a little pain and discomfort in my back and legs, so I halted that activity immediately.  I was told that I could do whatever I wanted to do as long as I took it slow and it didn't hurt, so I think I went a little too far and it's time to scale it back.  So today, I'm returning to just laying down and taking it super easy.

My main focus today is going to be Elle magazine, crossword puzzles, and the last few episodes of Season 2 of The Walking Dead.  Grueling, I know.

3 comments:

  1. Man, as crappy as the surgery/recovery sounds, it must be nice to just lay in bed and watch tv/read/relax :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been away for work in the past week but I really was thinking about you and your surgery. I was glad to read that everything was okay and that you were in good spirits (5 3/4" neighbor! Ha!). Rest up, watch lots of TV show and read lots of bad magazines, okay?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that girl is the same one that was next to me after I got my wisdom teeth out. She made me think that someone was about to come try to torture me/steal my organs. I didn't like her one bit.

    ReplyDelete