3.13.2013

28 + Changes

Hey, so I turned 28 on Monday!  And I'd like to get introspective about it, if you don't mind.

My 27 was a year of strengthening:
building my business (there are many things going on behind the scenes, and it's grown more than I could have imagined),
learning evermore about my husband and my marriage and who I want to be as a wife,
investing more deeply in my most meaningful friendships,
finding physical healing from the back problems that had been causing me a great deal of pain (when I had reached a point that I wasn't sure I would ever feel good again),
becoming a scholar of the Word rather than just an occasional browser.

27 very much felt like a gearing up year, a year of getting ready and getting prepared.  And I feel like I am.

28 is going to be a year of change:
new city,
new home,
new job,
new time zone,
new endeavors,
owning a car again for the first time in four years,
starting our life as a military family,
transitioning from being a dental student's wife to a dentist's wife (I still can't believe we're almost at the end of this road).

A total shake-up of all that we've known for the past four years is coming for us as we leave this era of our life and dive head first into a whole new one.  

Thank you, 27, for helping me get strong.  28, I can't wait to see where you take me.  I hope you exceed my wildest expectations.

4 comments:

  1. happy to be a part of the first adventure that 28 brings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy (belated) birthday! I'll be praying for you as you face all these changes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. google "saturn return"... very interesting stuff. and seems appropriately fitting...

    ReplyDelete