5.06.2014

My Week in Motherhood: 2

A few weeks ago, I wrote about the week I had had with AA being a sick little baby.  Well, now the tables have turned!  I've been sick for the last two weeks now!  Basically, between the two of us, we were sick the entire month of April.  Ugh.  Here's what I've learned from the other side of the coin, being the sick mom with the well child!

Babies will do anything they can to get ahold of that Kleenex you have stuffed up your nose to catch your snot.

>  I never noticed how much I kiss AA's face until I was actively making myself not do it so I wouldn't spread my germs to him.  That was hard!

I started to feel sorry for AA and how boring his life was, just sitting at home with his mom, not going anywhere because she didn't feel well enough to.  So finally one day, I packed us up, brought along a whole roll of toilet paper for my nose, and we went to a nearby park to lay on a blanket for an hour.  The sun was healing for me and AA's ttoootttaaallll fascination with some birds was priceless.

The old advice from the newborn days, "sleep when the baby sleeps," is just as applicable when you're feeling sick.  I've had an 8:30 bedtime for the last couple weeks, and I don't get out of bed in the morning until that kid is wide awake and insisting I come get him.  Rest, rest, rest!

Sometimes it feels really good just to lay in bed and let your baby touch your face with his cool little hand.  I hope he understood even a little bit how much his sweet little touch did to make his mama feel so much better.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, sorry you guys were down for the count in April! Hope both of you are on the mend and feeling good in May :)

    Babies...man. They're the sweetest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though you have both been sick, those baby days are a sweet, sweet gift:)

    ReplyDelete